Saturday, March 21, 2009

Scare of my Life

On Wed when i got home from work, my dad told me that my son woke up crying for me in the morning, which he never does. So I asked him why and he said his nightlight melted. Of course i said "N that didnt happen you were probably having a dream".
That night i went to make his bed to put him to bed and reached over and saw the nightlight.
I sat on the bed "OH MY GOD" "OH MY GOD" "B GET UP HERE!!!!!"
I sat there in shock at what the nightlight looked like. My eyes welled up as i said "i could have been at work and my son could have been on fire!!" My new beau had to calm me down and said "ok he is fine, we dodged a bullet and learned a lesson. If it was going to go on fire, it would have already and not just melted" It made me feel a little better for about 2minutes.
His fleece blanket must have fell over it in the night. I found 2 big holes in the blanket and it was melted together. Thank God for fire retardant, or it probably would have been on fire.
The reality of what could have happened makes me tear up every time and thank my Mom as well.
I learned my lesson and bought a different nightlight. LED one and thank God every day that i still have my son to hold and kiss and love. A message to all, be careful, think ahead and squeeze your babies a little more today, as i will be. Please pass it on...

2 comments:

~Denise AKA NYNative said...

SO SO SO VERY happy this has a happy ending!!!! Squeeze the boy for me please!

Lisa @ Crazy Adventures in Parenting said...

Oh my goodness! I'm so thankful that everyone was alright!! *huge hugs*