Monday, July 26, 2010

A Reliable Wife

So, one of the good things I love about my Nook is that they have "Lend Me" books. Those are books you buy and then you can lend them to a friend that also has a Nook.
My friend Jess, that quickly became obsessed with MY Nook, that she got one of her own, Lent me a book.
Its called "A Reliable Wife", by Robert Goolrick. Its a period book, which means, in this instance, it takes place in a time with horse and carriages. A time that seems like an easier life. The main character is Ralph Truitt, a rich, and not well liked person. He is the wealthiest man in town but has few friends. He puts an ad in a newspaper for a wife, and a woman responds to the ad. But is she who she seems?? It is a very good book, that has a twist midway. I would recommend it to a friend. I give it 4****

2 comments:

~Denise said...

You are making me want one of these reader things... and that is not a good thing!

Anonymous said...

I'm too old for that. I love sitting in bed with a BOOK and turning pages. Hee Hee Love, Aunt P