Friday, January 30, 2009

Mom Update

I went to the Oncologist with mom yesterday
When I went to get her she was still in the bathroom. I got her dressed and ready to go. That took 15min. She is so slow now and shuffles her feet when she walks. She has had to take many breaks while walking to the exam room.
When we got there after a very long wait the Oncologist came in.
She is very compasionate and nice. I like her
She talks to mom and the bottom line is this.
No chemo it will kill her
She will start Hospice ASAP
Dad needs help he cannot do it alone. More than just the family.
The Nurse was there today and she spent time with mom and said she will start the paperwork for Hospice.
I am soo sad. I havent cried yet, but i have flipped out and threw a chair.
It is just a matter of time now.

2 comments:

~Denise said...

oy. i'm soooo sorry.
I know some of what you are going thru, it was a little different for me b/c I was so far away while my mom was going thru all this... crap, and yet for you it is in your face 24/7.
I'm praying for you!

Anonymous said...

Stacy I am also praying for you. Have been. Uncle Frank had 3/4 of his pancreas removed and spleen. It has been so up and down this week. Aunt Virg stayed with me all week and she left this morning. I walked around the house crying when she left. Didn't know what to do first. Please cry and get it all out. It does help. I love you all.
Aunt Pris.