Thursday, January 28, 2010

My last day

My last day of work was yesterday. I have been there 6yrs, 3 1/2 months.
I have had a baby, got divorced, got re-married, and lost my mom in that short period of time. I have had some very good times, and sometimes not so good. Like tearing my ankle and being out of work for 3months. Not good.
I made some very good friends and only very few people I didn't like being around. 3 I can think of. Thats pretty good odds i'd say.
So I made a very good friend Ellie that started working there almost 2yrs ago. At first I thought she was a little flaky, but we hit it off after a while. (probably cuz I am a little flaky) It was her birthday yesterday which made leaving even harder. I will miss her terribly. We will talk daily, but it is certainly not like seeing her regularly.
She cried yesterday when I left. They bought me a "goodbye" cake, while I was down giving my exit interview. ( I was on my best behavior, don't wanna burn any bridges ya know).
I have to say it was a little surreal leaving. Almost like I was going on vacation and I'll be back soon enough. I think it will hit me on Monday when I go to Hospital Orientation that I no longer work there.
The worst part was watching Sara go into every class and say goodbye to all her friends. I did tear up when she was hugging them. I know, come the summer, they woulda been out of her life anyway, but that is kindergartens fault not mine.
The director Miss Colleen was amazing with her from day one. She was giving a tour when I got there, which was good because I know she would have cried, that woulda got me crying.
I am definately looking into the future with excitement , but yesterday was very bitter sweet for me.
My moms birthday is on Sunday, and my brother and his wife split (for now) so there is a bit of stress going on here, so I think a change is good right now.
I am hoping the best is yet to come, and I am waiting with open arms...
Moving On.......

No comments: