Monday, November 22, 2010

Day# 14 A Hero that has let you down.

A Hero? Hmmm... funny enough, I don't feel like I have a hero.
If I would have to pick, I think I would choose myself as my own hero.
The only time I let myself down was when me and the hubby divorced. It was the lowest point in my life, and the only time that I really felt like a failure.
The reason I chose myself as my own hero, is because I don't feel I need to look up to anyone else,or prove anything to anyone but myself.
I put myself on a pedestal, I make my own good or bad choices and I only have myself to blame or to hurt.
I have done a lot in my life and lived through some pain, which has made me stronger.
Between growing up poor, my parents poor health, a bad marriage in which I was verbally abused, another divorce, my mom dying, and a remarriage to a wonderful man. I am finally at a place in my life that I am happy and can remain a hero to myself.

No comments: